The name AWANA is an acronym for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed," which comes from the club's key verse: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15) The goal of AWANA is to reach kids with God's Word and to make one disciple at a time. Children learn how to memorize God's Word, study the Bible, and apply it to their lives. They also learn about worldwide missions and the need to help others. As children complete various stages in the AWANA program, they earn rewards.
The FBC AWANA program consists of Cubbies (age 4-5), Sparks (grades K-2), and T&T (grades 3-6). Each club night, depending on the particular club, could consist of an opening, a devotion time, game time, book time, and snack time. AWANA meets in various locations of the church and gym buildings at FBC, and meets most Wednesday nights from 6:30pm to 8:00pm during the months of September through May.
- Happy Hearts Daycare serves the DuBois area community with Childcare services.
- Director of the Happy Hearts Daycare ministry is Laurie Dunworth
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 5:30pm
- Happy Hearts offers care for children from Newborn through 4th Grade
- The Baby Room is for Newborns through 18 months
- The Toddler Room is for children 18 months through 3-years old
- The Main Room is for children age 3 through 6, as well as "before and after school" children
- There is a summer program for school-age children
- For more information, please call Laurie at (814) 371-7397
Mary and Martha is the ladies missionary ministry of First Baptist Church. The mission of Mary and Martha is to "know and serve the FBC missionary family, seeking to understand their unique needs and striving to meet those needs as God directs." Mary and Martha meets the first Saturday of each month (weather permitting) with a goal to know the FBC missionaries better and to pray for them. At Christmas, gift packages are prepared and mailed to each missionary (which currently numbers 19), both active and retired. Special activities include a Christmas Brunch, a table at the DCS Craft Fair/Bake Sale, and a Summer Picnic. Ladies of all ages are cordially to come see what Mary and Martha is all about.
Being a mom is an exciting experience, and yet it is often one of the loneliest and most overwhelming jobs. MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) exists for the purpose of encouraging and meeting the needs of all moms and children ranging in age from birth through Kindergarten. If you are expecting, or in the process of adopting, this is for you too!
Our personal mission at FBC MOPS is to equip moms for the journey of motherhood, to help them step out of their comfort zone, and to provide encouragement, all while having fun and growing in Jesus!
If you have questions, please call or text Kim at (973) 534-9231.